BroRacer

Feb 7, 2000
Does anyone have info on this riding area?? I know where it is, but hear it is all sand like the name says(dunes). Are there any trails or wods to ride there?? My 5 yr old will be fighting the sand if we go ,that is why i ask.....thanks.:eek:

Queequeg

Mar 16, 2001
Juniper Dunes is an interesting combination of sand, grass, sagebrush and junipers. The trails are mostly single track with some 4-wheeler twin track thrown in. They are a combination of compact sand/grass and softer sand. The off-trail riding is mostly firm sand with sparse grass and sagebrush. Very little of the ORV area is open sand dunes (the really big dunes are outside of the ORV area). If your 5 year old has trouble with soft sand, this could be a frustrating area for him to ride. Your best bet would be to wait and ride the area just after a rain - when the sand is firmer and trails more forgiving. Be careful when riding over the top of the hills out there - some have a flat top, some peak and slope down the back side, and several have a nasty vertical drop-off that can be hard to see until you are on the peak. It is pretty exposed out there - no real trees for shade. I think this area is best for early spring and fall rides. Hope you enjoy it whenever you get the chance to ride it!

Top Bottom