wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Hello,
I bought it for riding on the street, mostly...

Awhile back I volunteered to help flag the "B" course for a poker run coming up next week, but my KDX200 is torn apart, so I took the DR.
I was not sure it was a good idea but I was itching to ride.

WoW!
What a blast it was!
Even with those FUNKY Trail Wing tires!
Riding conditions were dry to muddy, hardpack to soft loamy granite, and some really rocky areas too.

Steep downhills were a bit scary(front tire just would not hold). And I only had trouble on one uphill section, it was soft loamy granite about six inches deep, which the tires did fairly well in but at the top were some pretty big tree roots that did me in. The overly plush rear shock did not help matters either.

I think I'm a lot faster on this compared to my KDX (except over big bumps), my riding buddy says so too!

The DR goes through ruts with ease, almost felt like I had a steering damper, not sure why that is.

I went up a really nasty, rocky, uphill section that usually causes my arms to go numb on the KDX, but no such problems on the DR, made it up feeling totally relaxed.

Looks like I'm gonna have to trick it out as my new woods weapon, ugh!

1st on the list are some descent tires, suspension will be next, smaller front sprocket, skid plate, barkbusters, Clark fuel tank (I allready dented the stock one with my knee)...

Attachments

• DirtyDR650.jpg
    DirtyDR650.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 101

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Definately gotta get some tires!
those trail wings suck

Sprained my ankle, twisted and banged my knee and hit my head hard enough to see STARS (just like on cartoons) :eek:

When you go down on a 650 you go down hard :(

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Hey wibby, ditch that massive stock can and get some 17" rims and tires on her! That'd make a sweet street super motard!

Top Bottom