YAMINHAMMER

Jul 8, 2006
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'11/ 245

2) How physical / aggressive are you ? moderately aggressive

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? mainly MX and wood/fields with friends and family

4) Do you have any riding experience?
been a 17 year drought

5) Do you think you will race ? would like to try

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
fairly mechanically inclined but, have more experience with vehicles and farm equipment

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? would like to try a two stroke

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
all brands are here locallly

9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? 2000 - 3000

10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion?
I have about 18 acres of fields that I can ride in daily besides going to the mountains and mx track a couple of times a month.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Based on your size and the fact that you would like to try a 2 stroke, also due to your price range, I would recommend you go with a Japanese 250 2 stroke, look for something from 03-06 that appears to be in good condition. It doesn't really matter what color. Don't be intimidated by the power, it will come on a lot more smoothly than a 125 would. That's the advantage of displacement. Take a look at the sprockets to get an idea of how well it was maintained. A dirty chain with worn sprockets is a bad sign.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Also look a the clutch cover for wear. Guys will replace plastic to make a beat bike look nice, but they generally forget the clutch cover shows boot wear quite well. It is also hard to replace it at the last minute before you sell the bike and still have it show enough wear to not look suspicious to the buyer.

Top Bottom