just doesn't run the way it should

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Dave? Mike? This thread is a mess. Dirtdevil's issue from the start has long since been obscured by off thread comments..OIL ratios for crine' out loud!

PUHLEEZE??? Move some of this stuff? Including this response to gtx??

gtx:

huh? Your bike isn't 'stock' if it's got a DGL needle in it!! That's a guess, putting an 'N' after your '1470'???

You have some major jetting issues, methinks. Have to know what the L1 is for starters. IF it's something like an 'N', that's a 39.95mm needle!! I run a K (38.60mm) at #5!! (not a 1º45" taper I realize). Still, fishhead has listed a couple of 'D's, but they are of the 'D/C' L1 spec (DDK, DCK), BOTH @ CLIP 3!

Your setup (assuming the L1) is way WAY too lean @ lower mid-throttle. Your main is way WAY too rich to wrongly compensate for that.

So...don't know what your understanding is of needles, but you need to know the letter after the '1470' number.

160 is too big.

Five turns of the air screw???? I have to ask what color your 'air screw' is. The last rider that had that many turns on HIS air screw...HIS turned out to be BLACK!! (meaning he was referring to his idle screw...NOT the air screw)

How about this:

1: Go here. Check out the some carb tuning/needle decode info..

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net

2. Then, if there is still a question, please post a NEW thread..indicate the correct numbers and adjustments of your parts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom