smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
I just bought a 96 kx125 for $550, it has a pro circuit pipe and silencer and rental bars. The only thing wrong with it is that it needs a new top end. The guy also threw in a paddle tire and some levers. Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts on this bike.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
that sounds like a pretty good deal to me... I hope that's all it needs... I've found that sometimes when someone says all it needs is a top end, usually it at least needs new tires, chain and sprockets among other things... Usually they were generaly neglected to say the very least... Cheap bikes don't always mean their is a hidden problem oviously but just go through it... Maybe regreese the steering stem, and swing arm, and axles... Everything you can think of... Check the reeds... Flush and add fresh brake fluid... Even the gas drain it and add fresh pre-mixed gas... I've run into some real deals also from time to time... If I were you I'd buy a shop manual, drain the oil and see if anything strange comes out, drain and flush the radiator stuff like that... Allong the way you'll find things taped up and zip tied and half assed and you'll get it all sorted out the right way... Also put in a fresh air cleaner.. Sometimes people who sell cheap just don't want to deal with their bikes anymore so they unload them even if they know they could get more money out of it if they put the time and money back into it... They just don't care... Good luck...

smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
This guy was really cool he hooked me up with all kinds of stuff when i picked up the bike, new renthal 13 tooth front and 50 tooth rear sprockets with a DID chain, new dunlop rear tire, bike stand, extra renthal grips, extra MSR lever set, paddle tire, two pro circuit works pipes one is for woods riding that has some dings in it and the other is for the track and looks brand new. He also let me take a spin on his new crf450r, wow the torque that thing had was crazy it felt like a tank turning tho. I almost felt bad only paying $550 for all of that but it didnt seem to bother him so oh well.

Top Bottom