Just got my first dirtbike-- 88 CR250C

AZ88CR250R

Sep 5, 2004
Just got my first dirtbike-- 88 CR250R

Hi all, I just got my first dirt bike :yeehaw: . I have done trail riding via quad, mountain bike ect... but this is my first experience owning a bike. I am a big guy (6'4" 260lbs) and I live in AZ. I will be out doing a bit of riding when it cools off abit, plus my bike is in pieces as it has a partially melted piston and a scored cylinder. It looks like I will have it together next week. I am looking to get some new plastic for my bike as well, however I can not find a place that carries plastic for older bikes. :| I would like to here your comments on choise of bike (it was real cheap) and where I can find parts for this thing. :cool:

James in AZ

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to he site James :cool:

Check out the following forums
General Bike Repair
and
CR / KX / RM / YZ (2-Stroke) Discussion

I would post your question regarding plastic in the 2 Stroke forum for the quickest response.

What part of Arizona are you in? If you are near California, check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers and :ride:

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions.

AZ88CR250R

Sep 5, 2004
I am in scottsdale, near phoenix. Thanks for the welcome. I have the question posted in 2 stroke to. I found out yesterday that my piston is partialy melted and the cylinder is scored. I think I will need a sleeve or a replate and a new piston and rings... sigh...

Top Bottom