attackcammel

May 28, 2007
Hey Ive been riding my friends bikes for a wile and one of my friends recently joined a track and i decided it was time for me to get my own bike. both of my friends have a baja motorsports 125cc. these bikes are a little to small for me or id probly pick one of them up because there so cheep but because im bigger im gunna have to look around. ok theres a lil bit about myself now ill anwser the questions:

Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) ~~ 6' 195 lbs.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? ~~ id say 7-8/10
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? well the track im going to be joining once i get a bike but also open fields and trails.
4) Do you have any riding experience? ive been driving occasionaly for a couple months now
5) Do you think you will race ? mayb down the road but no time soon
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? nope im open to any thing
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yes, kawasaki, yamaha, honda, suzuki
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?$3000
10) Do you live in California? nope im east cost
11) Your age? 17
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

thanks for your help in advance

Anthony

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
If you are serious about riding then I highly recommend buying a brand name bike instead of budget bike that you buy from Pep Boys. You will spend a lot more for a Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM, etc. but you will get a bike that will take the abuse you will give it and when something does break you can easily get parts for it.

It appears that the "Baja Motorsports" bike was a rather small 125cc four stroke. You definately need to be on a full size bike, minimum of 230cc four stroke or 125cc two stroke.

If you intend to be riding track a lot then I would recommend getting a full MX bike. Dirt bikes come in two basic catagories: MX (race) and "Off road" (trail). The race bikes leave out the frills, such as electric start and kickstands and will have higher performance engines. The trail bikes are built for more general use, may not have quite as good of suspension but are great for trail use.

In your price range I would recommend something like a Yamaha YZ-125. You shoudl be able to pick one up that is around 5 years old in your price range. This would be a great bike for the track and will serve you for a number of years.

Rod

Top Bottom