JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
As I was sitting here on this site I got to thinking. I have been on here not even a year, i think. And somehow I know tons of the regular posters.

I have a description in my head of tons of people like o this guy has tons of info. or this guy always posts funny stuff or this guy is my age.

If you would have told me I would know the personalities of a lot of these people when I first got on here I would have said you are crazy. I wonder what it is like for all you guys who have been on here for like years.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
JD_MXRacer said:
As I was sitting here on this site I got to thinking. I have been on here not even a year, i think. And somehow I know tons of the regular posters.

I have a description in my head of tons of people like o this guy has tons of info. or this guy always posts funny stuff or this guy is my age.

If you would have told me I would know the personalities of a lot of these people when I first got on here I would have said you are crazy. I wonder what it is like for all you guys who have been on here for like years.
Guys like pred now have many people living in his head and he knows most of them. It is even better when you meet up with and ride with the people from DRN some of your mental desriptions from the boards get shattered real fast. Myself not many people realize that I am really a 14 year old kid that has never even seen a motorcycle :nener:
Rich is just a Supercomputer kept in Okies basement loaded with all the knowledge from the web on motorcycles

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
ha ha pred and rich are the people i was thinking about when i was writing those see im not the only one who thinks that

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Meeting and better yet knowing a lot of the DRN crew is something that can't really be explained, sort of like crop circles, Jiffy Pop and belly button lint.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Rich is just a Supercomputer kept in Okies basement loaded with all the knowledge from the web on motorcycles

don't forget the attitude button that is stuck in the "ON" position on that supercomputer.

HA!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Patman said:
something that can't really be explained, sort of like crop circles, Jiffy Pop and belly button lint.

LOL

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
.....and then there is Stan Fleming! LOL! Don't forget about the "black helicopters".;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
cheese whiz
fires
xr50's
Camp Tejas
Immersion Heaters and Showers
Visits to ER
Ice Cream on the way back from ER
Meeting Jeff Glibert in Denton when he had a flat
Meeting many of Pred's imaginary friends one night
weddings (past and future)
Flaming Toilet Paper Hockey
Crazy Kanucks
Bar flashers

mmmmm
there are bound to be more ...

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
DRN is an unexplainable phenomenon - after my first dirtweek in 2003 I was in a state of disbelief - that a group of people from all over the country could get together for one common hobby and become a family.

I even married one of them...:)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Getting to know people online is great. Finally meeting them in person is weird. It's like meeting some great friends you've never met before. At first all you have is online stories to relate to. By the end of the get together, DW for example, you have some in person experiences.

So far, because of DRN I've been to IL, OK, WV, MA, NY, NJ, PA, NH, CT, VT, and of course RI. I've also ridden in Canada with Flyinkaw and Hucker. The topper was when my daughter found her husband through DRN.

The cool factor never seems to end. We have a community like no other in this site, and all it takes to be a part of it is to decide to participate. If someone shows up here with genuine intentions they will be welcomed to the group with open arms. Conversely, if someone shows up at our doorstep with the intention of causing trouble or doing harm you can expect us to defend our internet home.

BTW Tony, you forgot
Hot Damn!
and those fireside sammiches that oldguy made one year.
Oh yeah, getting to meet, really meet, Jeff Freddette, Malcom Smith, Kenny Bartram, etc.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
The personalities of this place alone are enough to keep one coming back day after day.
I only wish that some day I will have obtained the knowledge of "the Wisest of DRN". As of now im just the quiet kid that tends to follow the more popular ones around and pipes up every now and then.

Top Bottom