Justice is served to a Sportbike Squid

gracey

Feb 1, 2008
truespode said:
Of my friends who have ridden street without a helmet... each one of them are dead. The only street riding friends I have that are alive dress for the crash.

Ivan

I was gonna say you guys are being kind of harsh on this issue, but I think this statement really sums up my own feelings & experiences pretty well, too.

My neighbor is a surgeon. I happened to be in the ER one day when it was in the height of helmetless drunk driving motorcycle season. He was pulling duty....Years of experience at it....He was matter of fact but disheartened at the regularity of it... In short- There is only so much a guy can do, you know?

His message- bicycle or motorcycle: always wear your helmet.

f4stunter

Dec 18, 2008
Well first you guys dont know me or my abillities. When I stunt which isnt very often anymore due to laws and age, I wear my gear. However If I want to go for a spin on my cruiser with out my helmet that should be my perogative. For the most part it should be safe. Accidents happen and gear doesnt always save lives. Some of the worst accidents the EMTs in my family have worked have been people cut in half by seat belts. My mother is still alive this day because she was thrown from the car at 16 where the others in the car who were strapped in were crushed and killed. When your time is up its up. Oh and jumping is considered very stupid by alot of people, not me but alot of people. It really boils down to opinions anyways and you know what they are incommon with.

inotocracy

Apr 22, 2008

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
f4stunter said:
Well first you guys dont know me or my abillities. Some of the worst accidents the EMTs in my family have worked have been people cut in half by seat belts. My mother is still alive this day because she was thrown from the car at 16 where the others in the car who were strapped in were crushed and killed. When your time is up its up. Oh and jumping is considered very stupid by alot of people, not me but alot of people. It really boils down to opinions anyways and you know what they are incommon with.

With all due respect, that has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever read on this site. :whoa:

What it boils down to is common sense. Not many people possess common sense anymore which is evident in statements like that one. If the safety equipment is available and you choose not to use it, you get what you deserve. :nod:

I hope that judge got to see the video of the sportbike idiot leaving the parking lot. Musta made her day. :laugh: Guys like that make the rest of us look pretty bad.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
f4stunter said:
Well first you guys dont know me or my abillities.

Abilities have nothing to do with safety equipment.

Accidents happen and gear doesnt always save lives.

It saves more than it doesn't save. That is fact. Not opinion.

There are the unique situations that everyone can point to but the vast majority of the time safety equipment reduce injury severity and save lives.

Oh and jumping is considered very stupid by alot of people

Not stupid. Dangerous. Stupid is not taking precautions.

I saw a dead body 200 yards from my house from a guy who was thrown from the car after it flipped because he did not wear a seat belt.

I didn't feel sorry for the moron who did not use the safety equipment available to him because it was his choice.

I DID feel bad for the mother who showed up and saw her dead child who did not get strapped in by the guy either. Found out later that the guy routinely let the child ride up front with him because the baby enjoyed riding on his lap.

Safety equipment is a personal choice but it tells a lot of the person. I don't care about ability because that has nothing to do with taking the appropriate precautions.

Ivan

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
All the ability in the world will not save your life if your head hits concrete at a high rate of speed. A helmet might.

Top Bottom