spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I have been battling a quack doctor for a year and a half, and I was finally vindicated in court today. I was having extreme migraine headaches, so bad that I would sit in a corner somewhere and cry. I could not eat, sleep, or work. My doctor determined that I had a pinched nerve in my neck, and reccomended that I either see a Physical Therapist or a Chiropractor. There was a Chiropractor one block from my work, so I chose to go there. For my first visit, he only did X-rays and an exam, and told me he would determine a course of treatment and implement it at my next visit. Upon my arrival next time, he put me on his table and began to explain that he felt my headaches were caused by a misalignment in my skull , and proceeded to put a metal rod against my head to suposedly adjust the bones in my skull! Now, I am not a doctor, but I do know that the bones in your skull are pretty much fused together by the time you are about two years old, and they don't move ( at least they aren't supposed to move:confused: ). I jumped off the table, and told him he was a quack and a sheister, and not only would I not pay for this visit, I would be canceling my check. He said he would sue me, I said i would see him in court. So, today we met in court. After the Judge heard my description of his "diagnosis and treatment", he told the idiot that was the most bizarre medical treatment he had ever heard of, and unless the doctor could produce documentation showing this to be an accepted and effective treatment, he was going to find in my favor. Hooray! It felt so good to see that quack put in his place in the court room.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Congrats. Are you one of the ten richest in America now? :confused:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Spanky Spanked the Quack! Way to go!:)

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I'm sorry, but that's a funny story:) . I'll bet the next treatment included a hammer, if the bar didn't work. I'm glad you won and hope your headache problem is resolved.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Man, I feel for you spanky. I've never really had a migraine, but I used to have a roommate who did and he would do the same thing. Quite a painful thing to watch. It's hell to see a soldier cry like a baby.

I think he ended up being treated with medication as all the therapy he tried was to no avail.

I'm like you, I think my headbone is quite solid, but the rattling does worry me a bit. :confused:

B

biglou

Spanky-Did you ever get your migranes resolved? Did you go to the PT after the Chiro incident? I've never had them, thankfully, but I know they can be debilitating to say the least.

Pssst, Jaybird. That rattling, it's the marble!!;) My doctor told me to wear earplugs. Dampens the noise and keeps the marble from falling out!:eek:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Spanky,
Glad to hear you were vindicated!:)

My wife gets migraines and takes Benadryl (sp) and it helps a lot. It seems to knock the edge off and helps her make it through the day

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Well, I had it checked and as it turns out...it's not marbles...it's Rocks!
Apparently I had lost my marbles already. :confused:

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
Spanky-Did you ever get your migranes resolved? Did you go to the PT after the Chiro incident? I've never had them, thankfully, but I know they can be debilitating to say the least.
Debilitating is too mild for what I experienced. I have had 12" long gashes, broken bones, torn ligaments, but I have never had any sort of injury that produced the blinding pain these migraines caused me. I do not know how to describe it to someone that has never experienced it.

After the El Quacko visit, I did some checking, with the aid of my doctor, and found a very reputable Chiropractor that I went to for a consultation. After X-rays and an exam, he determined that I had a pinched nerve bundle between my C-1 and C-2 vertebrea, and began treating me for this condition. After four weeks of adjustments, my headaches simply vanished, and have never returned. From this experience, I learned that the Chiropractic profession, just like all professions, has very good doctors, and very bad doctors. No matter what kind of service you are seeking, it pays to do your homework first.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Glad to hear you got it all "lined out", spank! :)

Top Bottom