Squid_uk

Oct 22, 2005
After doing a recent service on my RM (Piston, Piston Ring, gaskets, oil drain, radiator fluid change etc) i have noticed that when starting the bike and leaving for no longer that 5mins and just tick over, radiator fluid starts to come out of one of the tubes, when following the tube up it leads to when the radiator filler cap is, the reason i am worried is because this did not happen before and it does drain more i would like it to, but i have changed the type of coolant it was originally Putoline and i dont know if it was mixed with de-ionized i just topped it up when i first got the bike with what was left in the bottle, but is now already mixed Honda 50/50 coolant,

Could this be why this is happening or could there be another reason?

Mar 1, 2005
if its leaking out of the overflow tube the possibilities are:leaking head gasket,trapped air in the system,or a stripped water pump gear. this is coming straight from eric gorr's book.did you bleed the air out of the system when you filled it back up after the rebuild?

i also noticed that you have a 72 honda 70,i learned how to ride on one of those when i was younger.there cool little bikes :cool:

Squid_uk

Oct 22, 2005
How could the leaking head gasket cause it to come out the over flow? Forgot to mention that not all the coolant comes out it seems to stop at the same level everytime,

ST 70 rules that what i learnt to ride on as well!

Top Bottom