MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Assuming halfways decent weather, I'm planning on riding the Kalkaska trail on November 13, the last weekend before Bambi-blasting. Anyone else interested?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sounds like fun mark, but the 13th is the night of the Enduro / Hare scramble awards banquet. I'll have to pass on that one.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
2TrakR said:
Make it West Higgins or Grand Traverse and you got a deal.

Sounds interesting, I'll let you know when we get closer. Which is in better shape? I've never ridden West Higgins, and haven't been on Grand Traverse for awhile.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I rode Higgens lake over Labor day weekend. Now I only rode a small 12 mile loop with my son, what I saw was incredible. Hardly any woops at all. Nice Ceder Creek width trail. Looks like it would be a nice easy ride on the bod.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
2TrakR, I'm talking about riding in TWO weeks, not this weekend. Is that what you meant (I saw another post that lead me to believe you were talking about this coming weekend).

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
MWeissen - I mean in two weeks, as you originally proposed. I figure on riding the other of the trail systems that you don't pick, this weekend. That's assuming you pick one of these of course.
I'd say West Higgins will be the nicer/easier of the two. The bits of Grand Traverse I've run this year, which would be from Vintage Ride and this past Sunday, have been whooped to heck. I only "need" to ride small bits of the trail to pick up the remaining sections that need GPS'd, so there'll be plenty of "short loop" options.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm now officially out for 11/13. I almost NEVER work Saturdays, but the Big Guy scheduled a follow-up to our strategic planning for his weekend. We all wanted it for the weekend of 11/22, but that didn't work for him, so he stomped on everyone else's commitments!

I may be available for a ride 11/14. Would that work instead?

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
MWEISSEN, My plan was to ride that weekend. I guess I could ride Sunday instead of Saturday. I was looking to ride something quad width that weekend. I would be game for Little O, Kalkaska or Higgens Lake. I'm just playing it by ear for that weekend right now. I will be at Whitecloud this Sunday.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
14th works better for me (Sun vs Sat).
I'm hoping to get Grand Traverse and West Higgins finished up this Sunday and the Feds are supposed to be getting Holton/Horseshoe to me in a couple weeks. That means I (will) have all the trails in the lower GPS'd, other than some ORV Routes, so it's open to you for picking a trail system.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Sounds good, I'll confirm around Thursday or so. I've never ridden Higgins, sounds like it'd be worth a try. OK?

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
I didn't get to ride the bits of West Higgins yesterday that I need to record, so this is definitely on my must do list for Sunday. Hope you can make the ride.

Top Bottom