danny vasta

Aug 23, 2007
hey guys, im REALLY new to dirtbiking, like, i dont know much about it at all. I want a bike and im not sure which to get, i really like the Kawasaki KDX220R but i need some assurance. What should i get?

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'4 140 lbs.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
moderate
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
friends in the woods ish, there are trails where i live
4) Do you have any riding experience?
nope
5) Do you think you will race ?
not any time soon, nope
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
umm, no, but my dad would teach me hes good with that stuff
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
well im not really sure i need some help, i dont really know whats good and whats not for me
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
umm, no, but in a few towns over there is a kawasaki and i havent really looked into it
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
NOT a lot at all
10) Do you live in California?
nope, MA
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
i'm a guy, and i need help! :)

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
he means since you are 14 and arent that big the bike will be heavy for you (no offense im just sayin) but when you grow and get stronger and all that good stuff you will be fine. go to craigslist.com thats where i find used bikes

shawnyd

May 4, 2007
check the want-ad. but your best bet for the best deal, is someone that is selling their bike on the side of the road.

I would either get the kdx or maybe a 125 mx bike. the 125 is gunna be a hell of a lot cheaper, especially in MA where there are tracks within a couple hour drive in every direction. since the 125 is extinct at tracks, they are dirt cheap. you can get a late 90's 125 for a grand. the kdx is gunna be a little more.

when you buy the bike, if he raced it, that usually is a good thing. That means he actually maintained it. but some trail riders i know maintain their bikes more than me.

btw, what part of mass are you from

danny vasta

Aug 23, 2007
im from harvard mass, its like 45 minutes (west?) of boston, a little town. also, when i look on craiglists, what is a specific 125 mx i should look for? idk what 125 would be good for me, and, do u know how much a kdx220 wuld cost?

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
just put in rm 125, yz 125, cr 125, 125 sx, kx 125..ect, from my lookings im just guessing there roughly 300-700$ more so relle its not that bad.

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
that looks like a nice bike but its not worth 1500, talk him down A cuple hundred dollars i got my 97 rm for 900 and there is barely anything stock on it. good luck!!!

Top Bottom