BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Imagine a green and yellow bike! Yuk!

I'll bet they will be a hit in South Bend. Double Yuk!

Go Blue!

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
This sounds exactly like General Motors. A Camaro is almost identical to a Firebird with only cosmetic and other small detail differences. Hopefully, with this mutual cooperation , motorcycle development will accelerate. What amazes is me is the total lack of any hint of a 4-stroke MX'er from Kawasaki.

Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
I'd say it's a VERY good deal for both...and eventually the consumers. It can only mean more components as a whole and cheaper prices on those large volumes of parts.

I agree, it's strange that neither company has really made a play at the MX 4stroke market...perhaps the underlying deal here is developing Suzuki's DRZ engine into something lighter and more radical?:cool:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
It's possible that one will focus on the motocross market while the other concentrates on the off-road models. It would be strange if they form an alliance and then turn around and compete with each other for sales. Unless, of course, they are taking the General Motors route. Geez, lets hope they are not using GM as their benchmark!

Anyway, increased competition will only make the red, blue, and orange bikes better.

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
I'm not sure what to make of this partnership. At first glance, I was hoping that these two conglomerates could pool their considerable R&D dollars and build an "F" model that is light weight with an engine that has broad torque curve/power characteristics coupled with some innovative suspension development. At any rate, hopefully, we as consumers and racers will benefit along with their bottom line. It sure is an exciting time to be a part of the dirt biking community and witness the advancements. No doubt that Yamaha's '03 big bore "F" model will be a direct answer to Honda's entry. Bring it on!

Top Bottom