KDXJET

Aug 31, 2008
ok i have a 96 KDX 200 , recently it has become a real pain in the ass to start when i finally get it started it runs fine but also starts to die and cutout when giving it a fist full...i have just put a new plug in it hasnt changed anything and the old plug seemed fine anyways, has plenty of spark, have cleaned the air filter. i dont know what do do, anyone got any ideas or had a similar problem? im not good with bikes..
thanx in advance.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Check for air leaks around the intake boot, base gasket, and anywhere else you can think of. Make sure the carb is completely clean, and check the reeds as well.

J>

KDXJET

Aug 31, 2008
im a bit of a noob when it comes to dirt bikes....reeds are where? hmmm, d/w i think ill just take it to the shop and they can sort it out..on the other hand i'd like to learn.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
The reed cage is between the carb and the cylinder. If you pull the carb and remove the rubber intake boot you will see.

If you're just learning to work on your bike, and you SHOULD learn to work on your own bike, get a shop manual!

J.

2448stuart

Sep 14, 2007
I had a 89 kdx 200 with the same problem turn out that the neddle in the carb snaped.Do you have kehien pwk carb?.I replaced the neddle but it snap again.When i pulled the carb off again found out the slide was worn causing the neddle to snap i repaced the carb with one off a 96 kx 125 (same carb) but the slide was platted.Makes them last 10 times as long.

KDXJET

Aug 31, 2008
yeah, i have the Kehien carb, thanks for that, ill pull the carn apart and have a look...

as for the shop manual, yes i have one and i will definatly have a go at it myself...

thanks for the fast replys guys and appreciate the help..:)

Top Bottom