csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
This thing is huge and heavy. it almost seems like it is soaked with gum. It doesnt come apart. How do i repack it?

Can i just throw it in my stove and let everything burn out of it? and just not run packing?

can i just run the bike without the silencer? its loud but not to bad.

what do i do

thank a ton!

RoadDawg

Jul 10, 2009
Start your bike, let it warm up, unscrew the little plug on the underside and tap gently with a mallet as you rev the engine. This is the procedure as per the manual. There is no packing in the stock silencer.

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
And don't ever run without a silencer. Even though it doesn't seem loud to you, any extra noise isn't a good thing for our sport. If you don't like your silencer, try a spark arrestor/silencer from FMF.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I had a heck of a time trying to get mine cleaned out. I had some luck starting what was effectively a chimney fire in it using a propane torch, and filled up the garage with what smelled like a charcoal fire (because it effectively was), but just ended up buying an FMF system so it was lighter and easier to clean and repack. (FWIW)

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
yeah man don't run without the silencer

don't stick it in the oven either

don't have a chimney fire in your garage

you can stick it in the burn pile and ..... preferibly leave it there..but if you have a good hot burn with tons of red coals find it in the morning and tap it all out clean it and repaint it.

other than that you could look up a shop that has a hot tank and let them dip it if they will.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
What year KDX is it??

If it's 1995+. then try the drain bolt.

Use Eazy-Off oven cleaner. Skip torching it. If it really bugs you, buy a new one.

PLEASE do not run it without a silencer or spark arrestor.

Top Bottom