kdx 200

marcelou

Apr 22, 2003
hi!!
I VE JUST BUY A KDX 200 1994 AND IT CAMES WITH THE KX 1993 FRONT SUSPENSION.. AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE KDX AND KX FRONT SUSPENSION..
THANKS!!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Are you sure it is a KX front suspension. The '94 KDX was unique in that it came with USD forks.

marcelou

Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by RV6junkie
Are you sure it is a KX front suspension. The '94 KDX was unique in that it came with USD forks.
the kdx 94.. came with that fork.. i think that the previous owner put that fork, the kx fork into de kdx..and i want to know the differences between the kx and kdx fork

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
94 KDX came with Upside down forks, anodized blue.........I do not know what the KX's had.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Don't know the specifics, but the '93 KX fork is likely to be more sophisticated than the '94 KDX fork. The KDX probably only had external compression damping adjustments, while the KX may have rebound adjustments, also. After dialing in, the KX fork probably has more potential. It is possible the KX fork is longer and the front might ride taller.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
dirt bike dave is right the KX forks are externally adjustable for both rebound and compression dampening. If you want to know which forks you have just check out the top of the fork. It should have two brass screws on top each fork. One for bleeding air from the fork and the other to adjust the rebound dampening. The screw to adjust the rebound dampening will very likely have H and S stamped beside it. H is for harder and S is for softer.

If you don't have a rebound adjustment screw then you've got the stock KDX forks.

David

marcelou

Apr 22, 2003
i buy a kdx 1994. and i dont know why the forks are grey and not anodized blue, thats why i think that they are from the kx, but they havent got the screw to adjust the rebound... and my question is what kawasaki forks are?
do you know a kawasaki with up sides fork and grey color?
thank david!!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
The 93-94 KDX 200s use a 41mm Inverted fork.

The KX models for the 91-95 year use a 43mm inverted fork. Earlier versions are blue, later 94+ are usually silver.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Could be Yamaha forks also.....Take a look at your front brake/hub/wheel hardware and compare it to the fische at http://www.buykawasaki.com and see if you've got kawi (nissin?) stuff down there. If you don't, compare to the fische at http://www.yamahaoftroy.com and take a look at some YZ forks...Hopefully this helps.....BTW, my 93 has the stock blue inverted forks w/ no rebound adj....They suck, but I like them better than even the newer KDX cartidge forks.

Could've found a very nice upgrade on your bike! Any KX/YZ KYB USD forks will be better than stock KDX...IMO. The forks on my WR (same as 93-95 YZ) ROCK compared to any stock KDX fork, and I remember some folks chatting on here concerning the ease of Yamaha fork installation onto the KDX's (When retaining yamaha front wheel/etc).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…