Preacher26

Oct 11, 2005
I'm 6' 230 lbs and I'm 32 y/o. Haven't ridden in about 10 years but used to ride alot. I was thinking about getting a KDX 220 and was wondering if that would be a big enough bike just to play around on and trail ride. There are alot of KDX 200's for sale in my area but I'm pretty sure that would be too small. Any advice or opinion would be appreciated.

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
ok, well your height is perfect but you are a little heavy for the kdx200. Since you said you would be trail riding then the kdx220 would be a better choice.

1. DO you plan on using this bike for a while or just to get use to riding again?
2. What kind of terrain will you be riding?
3. WHat year kdx's are you looking at?
4. what is your price range, for bike, gear, and everything?

if you could answer these questions i can help you alot more, thanks

Preacher26

Oct 11, 2005
More than likely I will be using the bike for a while and most of the riding will be on dirt rolling hill trails thru the woods of North Georgia. I have been looking for anything around 2002 or newer and would hope to spend no more than around $2800. I have all the initial gear I need so this would be just for the bike. I have also considered a HondaXr400r but really like the KDX.

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well i think you definately find a 2002 kdx220 for like $2000 about. I would not pay to much more. I got my 2001 for $1700 with new tires, bearings, fmf pipe, stock pipe, extra rear wheel, and a few other things, so about $2000 would be plenty. I well, the first thing i would suggest is to try to find a bike that has an aftermarket pipe cause the stock is very very restrictive. Im sure since you have riden before that you know that if the power is too little you can buy like new sprockets, reeds, air filters, exc.. The only thing that you would want to change is the fork springs. The stock ones are setup for a 150 pound rider so you will need bigger unless you like very loose suspension. Other than that I think you will be very pleased with the bike. I think the power is great and the kdx is an excellent trail bike. It is also very easy to learn on. You will have loads of fun with it. Besides, the kdx220 has much more bottom end than the kdx200 and since you are woods riding it would be a great bike for you. If you have any more questions just ask away!@!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom