KDX-220: Got the TC 2 silencer and Desert pipe on...

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
Hi all!

Well,I got the FMF Gnarly desert pipe and Turbine core silencer UPS today and even though I PROMISED myself I would wait and ride the bike more before bolting on performance parts (I'm an ultra newbie to motorcycles), I found myself just uncontrollably wrenching until before I knew it... They were both on!!!

I fired it up to see if it was really going to be louder than stock and apart from the more pronounced "ring" from the pipe, the bike is no louder than before... In fact, I like the "ring" sound from the pipe :) It sounds much more like a two stroke now and no one at sandhill will ask if its a small thumper anymore :)

I haven't ridden it yet with the new parts on, but I blipped the throttle a few times and throttle response seems a bit more peppy, but of course that's just sound and getting on it under load will be the real test...

I'm going to a beginner (absolute beginner I hope) riding class tomorrow morning and now I'm worried that the bike will be less manageable for me with perhaps a bigger "hit" in the mid range and a touchier throttle... Oh well... We'll see how badly I do. The three rides before in stock form were lots of fun!

Have a good one all!

Feanor

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Let us know how the class goes, we're all interested in hearing what you think of it.

After you get the class out of the way and get a little ride time in on your new pipe and silencer you're going to need to pick up some brass and get your bike rejetted. Then you'll really have a "bigger hit in the mid range" and thats certainly not a bad thing...at least most of the time :-)

-Maurice

slyder

Jul 29, 2003
hey,i got the same set up on my bike. trust me, take the top off of the airbox. and get some jets. mine will still climb the side of the house, but it also screams when twisted.

Top Bottom