KDX 220 Oil leak / fork seals NEED INFO

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
My 2004 KDX220R has finally sprung its first oil leak. After I ride and store it, It leaks maybe a tablespoon out of the drain plug. I change the oil every third ride. I have not over tightened it to my knowledge. There is no trash on the threads of the bolt or the case, and the threads look very good on both. The case and the back of the bolt look in good shape and have no dings or anything. Any suggestions?
Second question on fork seals, I have one leaking and have bought the seals and oil to replace them, I did a quick search on seal replacement and did not find much, maybe I am searching wrong because I have seen many many post in the past on it. I know there may be some speciality tools required that I will buy if needed. I am looking for helpfull information so I do not create a nightmare Thank you for any help. :yeehaw:

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Before you replace seals take a piece of camera film and stick down in between the seal and tube and run it around. Betcha it will fix your leak.

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
I did pull the boot and clean up around the seal and it didnt leak as bad, very good idea, I will try that first. Any ideas on the case leaking around the drain plug?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom