rrfernan

Feb 18, 2010
I am thinking about buying a KDX 50 for my 5 year old son. Does anyone have experience with this bike? Just trying to figure out if it will be a good learning bike for him to have.

Thanks.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
My son started at that age with a Razor electric dirt bike, great to ride around the cul-de-sac circle we live on. Easy to control, lots of fun, I think we got it new for under $200.

That's been the bike that every other kid now learns on... a summer on that does a great job of getting them comfortable and itching for a bike that will climb hills and really go offroad, then we move them to the neighbors Honda 50, which lasts them another season or two. Jack (9) will go from the cr-50 to his KX-60 this year. The KX needed to get un-screwed-up and converted from MX to an enduro bike ;), but seems to have come together nicely!

I have no first hand experience with the KDX 50, but it looks like a decent alternative, maybe a little more at the beginner end then the cr-50. So you would use it in place of the razor and the CR-50, but graduate him to the "next bike" a little sooner then he might have on the Honda.

Top Bottom