Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Looks like nothing changed but the addition of the 50 and 400 bikes. The KX500 is still there and KLX300. Looks like they just added in the suzuki cross 400 model there.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
The KDX 220/200s also share the same frame color and balck tank as the KX's. Other than that, I guess they remain unchanged for the last 8 years.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
I guess they remain unchanged for the last 8 years

Sad isnt it? Other manufacturers are releasing groundbreaking machines, and the best Kawasaki can do is give us a green DRZ 400 and a green TTR 125. You would think with all of the technological advances being made yearly they could update their current models. Could you imagine how outrageous the KDX line would be if they put an ounce of effort and a little more than $0 into development?? How about a KDX 125, 200, 250, 300 and 400 based on KX frame and suspension technology??? OOPS my mistake, thats KTM, the little Austrian factory that has been doing that for years now...
too much to ask for a MAJOR factory that has been established for decades to offer a variety of updated models to the offroad market. :think:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
yeah a KDX 125 , 250 and 500 would be a hit. Take the MX bike, add a WR and lights. Viola!

or at least take the KX125 frame and stuff the 220 motor with a 200 carb in there.

Politics!

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
What I dont get is why the heck did they pick 220cc?!?

I would love a KDX 250 with inverted, woods vlaved/sprung forks and shock, but still the same great KDX power and handling. Ahh dreaming of a KTM again... sorry

Kamofly

Apr 28, 2002
i'm not impressed w/ Kawasaki's lack of development for the kdx.
It's looks as if kdx is going to be "86'd" from Kawi line-up, and its -at least- its #2 selling bike of all time!
I would much rather see a 4-stroke KLX on a KDX frame, rather than a "DRZ"
I hope those Japanese R&D guy's know what us American's realy want!
(a kick ass trail/motocross bike)
KDX 250/200/220----bring it back w/kx frame---
KDX 500----MORE POWER!!!-----
KDX Four stroke----new age KDX/KX to compete w/ CRF & YZF
I know the first two are a long shot, but the the third is a must , or the kawi may lose it's grip in the "dirt category". Even the NEW KX has lost it's edge! WHATS-UP KAWASAKI!!?? All we get is a black tank???? (allthough it dose look cool).
"VIVA LA 2 strokers"

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hey, a better looking JR50, what next, a KDX80 ... er JR80 in green :eek:

What really is sad is that these are green Suzukis, not a thing has been changed, even the KLX400 has the same styling as the DRZ400. Would have been nice if they did a bit in the styling department. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom