Fishead2

May 11, 2004
Hello, I have 2002 KDX220 and my dad has a 03 KLX 300..he wants to raise his bike by putting KDX dog bones on his rear suspension. He has 117mm bones now and mine are 112.5mm does anyone know if this will work. He's hoping to raise it about 1 inch in the rear. Is there any pros or cons on doing this???...thanks
Fishead2

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Fishhead, I've gone the other way with the KDX - from 112.5 to 117 & it did what I wanted - lowered the bike, no problemo.
If the dogbones are the same, maybe another vertically challenged person would be interested in doing a swap (after you've checked it out).
I've had no problems with having longer dogbones & it's a pretty common/cheap way of adjusting the bike.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
It could be either "pro" or "con" depending on your dad's weight. That difference will raise the rear by just over an inch AND it will increase the effective spring rate of the rear spring. If he's somewhat on the heavy side and would benefit from a heavier spring, then it's a "pro".

Fishead2

May 11, 2004
Thanks for the responses....My dads weight is about 180 to 185 and he has a race tech 5.6 spring with the gold valves. I think this should be a good mod. Will he also have to reset his race sag? thanks,
fishead2

Top Bottom