kdx#627

Feb 5, 2004
I Have A 2001 Kdx 220. I Found Out Quickly It Wasn't A Mx Bike. No Suspension, Some Power. I Have Recently Bought A Yz 125 And Like The Way It Handles, But Still Prefer My Kdx. How Do I Get My Kdx Mx Ready.
I.e. What Kind Of Suspension?
New Pipe And/or Silencer?
What Class To Ride In?

I Know Kdx's Are Woods Bike's , But There Are Very Few Woods In South Texas. I Want To Keep It And Be Able To Race It. I'm No Bubba Stewart, But I Don't Want To Get Lapped Either.

Thanks For All Responses
David

P.s. Low End - High End ?????

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
My suggestion is remove the motor tabs from the YZ and stuff the KDX motor in. You will get the power you like with the suspension you need. I race MX and the best suspension seems to not be enough for a C rider like me, so I would hate to see you bouncing around on the KDX.
Maybe you can have Moster Garage or OCC do the conversion and get on TV..ha

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Depends on whether the MX track has a lot of whoops or not. Our track is smooth and so I do OK with my bike. (actually I am one of the fastest) I don't know if the wheelbase on the 220 is the same but on my 200 I had to lower the rear a bit (which I did by making longer rear suspension dog bones) to give the front end more angle so it won't be so twitchy and squirrelly.
Since the 220 is made for grunty power you would have to port it and put a "top end" pipe on it to get some good MX top end power out of it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom