KDX kickstart spring popped off HELP

bill kdx nj

May 29, 2008
Hi,

The kickstart spring, where it plugs into the small hole on the casing, has chipped a little and popped out. When I was riding I felt the kickstart pedal whip against my leg and lock up, but I was still able to ride home. After taking it apart, I do now know how to put it back in, or re-engage the spring to where it should be. When I put the clutch assembly on, I tested the kickstart assembly by pushing it down, but it doesnt come back up!!! I have it set in properly, I think. The manual isn;t clear. PLEASE HELP

THANKS

jmonintwo

Jan 5, 2008
I'va got a couple of scanned pdfs on how to reassemble a KX kickstarter spring....could email it to you, might work. send me your email address if you want it....

longerdeeper

Apr 11, 2006
I have had the same problem. It is all about how the spring is wound. if you get it wrong the outside coils climb up over the inside coils leading to the spring binding up on the side casing. when you gwet if right the spring will fall into a pretty natural postion. I am supprised the spring was able to slip while riding??

Top Bottom