gohuge192

Apr 28, 2000
When I start my bike cold the bike starts up and revs like crazy, really high RPM, but once it warms up after riding it it will barely idle. What could cause this?? Bike is a 1996 KDX 200.

crhines

Aug 27, 2006
I have a 99' 220 - mine does this as well. Idle runs kind of fast at initial startup then slows down after a minute or so. I have a RB modded carb with 40/150 - bike runs great.

cochran03

Aug 29, 2007
What is your fuel ratio? This has a lot to do with things settling in your float bowl. If your ratio is low, the gas can overpower the oil in your bowl and cause a full on gas with no oil for a little bit, until the bowl get replenished with the tank's gas/oil.

Just my $0.02.

Aaron

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
cochran03 said:
What is your fuel ratio? This has a lot to do with things settling in your float bowl. If your ratio is low, the gas can overpower the oil in your bowl and cause a full on gas with no oil for a little bit, until the bowl get replenished with the tank's gas/oil.

Just my $0.02.

Aaron
WHAT???..... QUE??? Are you are saying that a gas oil mix (low ratio) will temporarily become unmixed and then eventually become mixed again. If so can you clarify this process as I feel I can make alot of money If i can somehow duplicate it.

sapper8526

Apr 19, 2007
gohuge192 said:
When I start my bike cold the bike starts up and revs like crazy, really high RPM, but once it warms up after riding it it will barely idle. What could cause this?? Bike is a 1996 KDX 200.
My 96 kdx 200 does exactly the same and does not idle in gear and idle really low in neutral!!!

Top Bottom