jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
Well guys and gals I would like to share something with you. I will most likely get in trouble with the Thumper guys but live and learn.I have owned a kdx 200 since I bought my first one ,a 1990 in the fall of 89,sold it in 96 and bought a leftover 94 which I have owned to this date,it has just over 17000kms on it.Approx. 1 year ago I got the itch for something new,thinking it was the latest and greatest I bought a 01WR250F.I could not part with the kdx and decided to put it in storage and to keep for guests who might want to go riding,it sat untouched for 1 year.Had a friend who was coming of a TTR250 and was looking for something new,he rode my other buddies bikes all 4 strokes and was curious what a kdx was like,so last weekend I took the kdx out of storage,did the usual checkover and it started 2nd kick.Wouldn't you now it he could not make it on sunday so I decided to take it instead of the wr.Now here comes the interesting part.We rode for over 5 hours over the usual trails and at the end of the day I felt I could ride another 5,I had no arm pump, monkey butt or sore anything.The plush suspension gave for soft and easy ride and the power was great,there was such a difference between the rock hard seat and suspension of the wr,at the end of the day on the wr I was usually beat same as my buddies on their bikes.The little kdx gave up nothing to a ktm 520 and a husaberg 400.I was never left behind and in some cases got threw the stuff far easier,I could not believe how impressed I was with the little kdx,it has never left me stranded or let me down and after the ride last weekend has me thinking about which bike to put back in storage,don't get me wrong the wr has its good points but for shear pleasure and fun it takes alot to beat the KDX.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
And that's what it's all about. What puts the biggest smile on my face? The KDX. Now if it would just stop raining on my days off I could re-aquaint myself with my new scoot.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
I agree with you Perk. I rode with some buddies (a couple of non-rainy weekends ago) and after three hours they were beat up from riding YZ 400s and CRF 450s. I went back out on the trails and ended up putting 54 miles on the KDX by dusk where as by four p.m. they were sitting by the fire stiff and sore. Needless to say the Moose had a big smile on his face 'cause the stock KDX has a pretty comfortable saddle!

Top Bottom