scairns

Sep 19, 2002
I can't resist giving my 2 cents here.

I agree with all the other Dads that have given their advice. My 8 year son and I go riding almost every weekend and plan to go the rest of the time. I am also teaching him about maintaining his bike and how it works. Of coarse he'd rather ride than rench but he'll learn they go together. My 4 year old son will be joining us in a year or two when he is ready.

By the mini and whatever is left buy yourself something. KDX is a great machine.

It's something you and your family can do for many years to come.

CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by CZ511
Hello to everyone who replied and thank you very much! Here is what I have decided. Yes, I must buy another KDX and continue to ride! As for buying the new one, well, not sure, if a real nice used one came along I would buy it now but if not, the new one will be mine real soon. Thanks again, really!!

03/15/03 FOLLOW UP.
I just bought the NEW Leftover KDX!! Yes, here I am 41 years old and totally thrilled to buy a new bike. You want to laugh, the last NEW bike I bought was a 1982 YZ 125 and it cost $1,400.00!

Thanks to everyone who helped and gave great advise and yes, I was eyeballing the little quads for my 6 year old. One think I did learn today is that the little quads and little 110 cc Kawasakis and Suzukis are manufactured by the same company. Yup, same quad, same bike just different colors! See Ya!

redeni

~SPONSOR~
Feb 8, 2003
Congratulations on making a great decision CZ!! 3 things I want to comment on after reading this post...

1. Why count the wife out?? get her riding too! all you guys act as if that's impossible. my whole family rides - mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, sister, brother-in-law, and 7 kids (...well 6 ride). it is a terrific family activity. i started up a couple years ago and the other ladies followed suit. and none of the talk about 'riding like a girl' i can run with the rest of them (better than most) - and do my own maintenance and NO i'm not a dike!!

2. No Way are you too old. my dad's 55. he's been rippin it up his whole life and doesn't look like he'll stop anytime soon.

3. suzuki and kawasaki did some kind of merge. you can get a green DRZ400, and the new Z400 Quadsport...not just kids stuff.

Happy Riding!!!!  :thumb:

Last edited:

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
You're probably swimming with all of the information that's been sent to you so far, but one more bit for you: Check out Jeff Fredette's site; www.justkdx.dirtrider.net You can get anything you need from that site. Parts, technical advice, want-ads just to name a few. I bought my '91 200 pretty ragged out. With everything I have done to that bike, it now rips. By the by, one of my regular ride partners is 63 years old (I'm 33), he keeps up pretty darn well (even on a '86 XR 250R) HA! Good luck with the bike and hopefully your family decides to join you.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom