chimpchops27

Apr 4, 2003
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get a better bottom end out of my kdx sr as im using it for trail riding in the uk with slower technical stuff. Also is it possible to reduce the weight of the bike ie fit a plastic tank as mine has a steel one. Any information will be greatley appreciated.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Just taking out the insulation from the fat part of the standard pipe gives good results.
See the link below for the mods I've done to mine to get better low end power, including lowering the cylinder. I've just finished testing it with the spark timing advanced more. what a good difference. runs a little hotter but much more grunt. I just turned the stator plate clockwise one click. make sure you use antifreeze or else you'll boil off your radiator fluid.
All of the aftermarket pipes are made for the regular KDX which uses springs instead of bolts to connect at the pipe/cylinder junction. see my SR page to see how to convert an aftermarket pipe to work on a SR.
Let me know how your mods go.
rock on

Last edited:

jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
I haven't tried it myself but could you get an exhaust shop to weld the bolt up header from your old pipe to the FMF or PC pipe?

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Better reeds will give you more power everywhere. I put in Carbon Tech low tension carbon fiber reeds and got a good bottom end boost with a huge top end boost. I went with low tension to get more bottom end.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom