Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
hey guys, my KDX is stalling only when put into first with the clutch in after the bike is in neutral after I restart the bike.It seems for the first ride of the day it always goes into first without stalling quickly. The basket is new I think. any thoughts.thanx

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
sounds like your tranny just needs warmed up when its cold rev it before you put in
in gear

Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
shouldn't it already be warm. I will start the bike for the first time in the day and it will go into first fine. I will ride it for a couple of minutes and say maybe stall it by accident and I kick it back up and put it in first and it just cuts.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
the fluid holds the plates together pull in the clutch and rev her a couple of times
before you in in gear

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
in cold weather by ridding you can actual chill the lower end until the heat builds enough to hold it in. just rev the bike as you drop it in gear until it warms up good.

shoot your lucky you can restart it in gear. until mine gets warm i have to put in neutral just to restart the thing. then when it gets real hot its the same thing again but that is caused by swelling.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom