Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Does anyone know what the standard KDX tail light bulb is? I keep blowing them, and am worried that if I run the headlight with no tail light, then it will put too much power to the front, and fry things.
The ones I've been blowing are 10V 12W, no problems up front.

Tamean

~SPONSOR~
Jan 27, 2001
Standard bulb is a 12v 10w. Vibration and too much voltage decreases the bulbs life. Make sure you have a 12v bulb in, and check the connections to the tail light. If there is a bad connection, it will be like turning the bulb on and off, decreasing the life.

If the regulator blew, both the head light and the tail light would go together, as soon as the bike revs past idle.

Electrical devices only draw what they require, not what the source can put out. Therefore, the head light will only use 30w +/- 2w for voltage and resistance differences.

cycleboy

Sep 8, 1999
Here's a suggestion that will definately extend your bulb life. Go to an auto parts store and cross reference the appropriate LED replacement bulb. It will draw much less current allowing for a brighter headlight at low rpm plus will last a long time. I put one in my bike a year ago and have had no failures since. The standard bulb would only last a couple rides. The LED's cost more initially but will outlast the standard bulb by ... well I'll let you know if or when it finally fails.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom