KDX Vs. WRF 250

J_Owens_66

Mar 8, 2004
Anyone rode the WRF 250? I looked at them, and they look like a good bike, but the seat was really narrow. How do the two compare? Horsepower Wise? I already bought my KDX and I'm not going to sell it, i love my KDX and wouldn't trade it for anything, i just want to know how these two compare. Thanks

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
I took my riding buddies new wr out for a really quick spin before winter. The bike seems really narrow between my legs, and kinda small to me. The particular bike I was riding was almost completely stock, accept for a baffle in the scilencer, and a inline fuel filter. I could't snap the throttle because the thing bogged every time. The throttle response I thought was kinda slow. Other than that, I never really got to try top speed or try out the horse power. All of the problems I stated above can be cured with proper jetting, and maybe some aftermarket reeds. But these are just my opinions. Also my buddy has had to take apart the carb 4 times already because the jets are getting clogged, even with and inline fuel filter. He hasn't got a clue where the dirt is coming in from. I will gladly stick with my KDX until 4 strokes completely take over.

Ben

barrie36

Mar 8, 2004
my mate just got a 03 wr250f its got an fmf power bomb header and fmf titanium tailpipe fitted i was well impressed with it ,loads of low down torque and handled like a dream although it no faster than my 98 kdx 200,hes upped his gearing for this weekend,but ive just got a 01 kdx 220(hes got no chance now)2 STROKES RULE.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…