KDX Wiring Issues - Wiring Diagram needed

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
I am getting my bike ready for rego (91 SR200) and thanks to the idiot who pulled all the lights and indicators off it is a hassle. Its a real mess, wires chopped everywhere.

I am having trouble getting the headlight high beam to work. Low beam is fine, but when I switch to high beam the dash light comes on, which is good, but the headlight turns off completely. Should this run a dual filament globe? As my bike only has a single in it at the moment, could this be the problem?

Also, Im having lots of drama with the indicators, as in not a single one works at all. Where is the flasher unit? Is it the black plastic box mounted next to the metal CDI on top of my airbox? Is there anyway I can test this?

I am also after a wiring diagram for it, if anyone could send me one it would be much appreciated.

MUDMAX

Jan 7, 2003
Dont know much about the SR, but if there is hi/lo beam, you should definitly have a dual filament bulb. This could easily be the problem...

jopi

Aug 22, 2006
the solution is in your original question

I would splice into the wire that goes to the high beam light. Wire this to a relay which can then power the high beam.
Relay wiring info available if required.

Crazymlh

Jan 15, 2005
I have a wiring diagram for the SR. I think it's an 89 model but should be the same if that helps at all. I can email it to you if you need it.

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
Yeah I do need it man, sorry I havent gotten back sooner...I have been changing jobs. You can email it to me if you want! Thanks heaps all...will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

KDX200fromAUS

Jul 26, 2006
Kdx200f

Hi, any chance of getting that diagram too ?? I have a 91 200F that is weak on spark n my manual shows different wiring diagrams....

Cheers mate..

nathan2001

Mar 25, 2007
hey there i got a 1989 model kdx 200f which is in such a state, i need a complete wiring diagram for it,plus info to tell me if it was road trail, or just dirt bike,and what fuel it takes is it four stroke or two?

Top Bottom