KDX Wiring Issues - Wiring Diagram needed

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
I am getting my bike ready for rego (91 SR200) and thanks to the idiot who pulled all the lights and indicators off it is a hassle. Its a real mess, wires chopped everywhere.

I am having trouble getting the headlight high beam to work. Low beam is fine, but when I switch to high beam the dash light comes on, which is good, but the headlight turns off completely. Should this run a dual filament globe? As my bike only has a single in it at the moment, could this be the problem?

Also, Im having lots of drama with the indicators, as in not a single one works at all. Where is the flasher unit? Is it the black plastic box mounted next to the metal CDI on top of my airbox? Is there anyway I can test this?

I am also after a wiring diagram for it, if anyone could send me one it would be much appreciated.

MUDMAX

Jan 7, 2003
Dont know much about the SR, but if there is hi/lo beam, you should definitly have a dual filament bulb. This could easily be the problem...

jopi

Aug 22, 2006
the solution is in your original question

I would splice into the wire that goes to the high beam light. Wire this to a relay which can then power the high beam.
Relay wiring info available if required.

Crazymlh

Jan 15, 2005
I have a wiring diagram for the SR. I think it's an 89 model but should be the same if that helps at all. I can email it to you if you need it.

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
Yeah I do need it man, sorry I havent gotten back sooner...I have been changing jobs. You can email it to me if you want! Thanks heaps all...will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

KDX200fromAUS

Jul 26, 2006
Kdx200f

Hi, any chance of getting that diagram too ?? I have a 91 200F that is weak on spark n my manual shows different wiring diagrams....

Cheers mate..

nathan2001

Mar 25, 2007
hey there i got a 1989 model kdx 200f which is in such a state, i need a complete wiring diagram for it,plus info to tell me if it was road trail, or just dirt bike,and what fuel it takes is it four stroke or two?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom