Headlight...why are both filaments burning???

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I searched the forums for about an hour, but still didn't find what I was looking for.

I recently installed a UFO Sahara headlight which is basically the same or similiar to the OEM. When I turn on the light, it is very dim. I just started getting into it and it appears that the problem is that both filaments are lighting up at the same time. This is obviously putting a big drain on the electrical system and making it dim. My question is...how in the world do I get only one filament to light up. I was also wondering if anyone could tell me if the OEM light/bulb has 2 filaments and which one lights up with the light on. I have looked at the wiring vs the wiring diagram and it seems to be fine. ANY help is greatly appreciated...I am getting frustrated. Thanks a million!!!

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
Well, I figured it out. I had it wired a ceratin way to where it ran both filaments. I re wired it and viola...bright as heck!!! :cool:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Man, I thought this was going to have something to do with filaments burning out. I had both bulbs burn out within 30 seconds of eachother many years ago on my Yamaha 225. I've still not figured out if this was coincidence or something else.

Top Bottom