Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
Ok
The shocks ,wheel assembly caliper are all KTM
The tripple clamps are Suzuki RM250 96 Tripple Clamps.
The steering pivot pin is old KDX.
Have to press KDX stem from bottom tripple clamp and press into the
RM bottom tripple clamp.
Master cylinder is KDX.
Two bushers have to be made.
Fit into bottom and top tripple clamp so KDX pin fits snug.
Doing this allows std KDX stem bearings and nuts to be used.
I am writting up this mod so people that may be interested can see whats actually involved.
Stay tunned.

jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
Looks good.

Having just picked up an 89 KDX200F, I am interested in what other mods you have on your bike.

I am looking for some direction.

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
jpm200

As you have the F model ,like me,I would get rid of that small PE 28mm carb ,airbox,
inlet manifold and convert to the E spec.Pwk 35 carb,I used a KX125 airbox as it has extra side inlets.Fit some Boyseen 607 (I think) and get a pipe.
Rejet it and it will be like you have a different bike.
We already have the heavier flywheel which tames the hit and great for the woods.If you can find a plastic tank then get it(lighter ,larger capacity)
The list can keep going but I suggest you do this first.
It's great how you can turn a fully road worthy bike into it's off road variant and know one would be the wiser.
Other benefit is the lighting coil is about double the capacity of the E model.
The only thing I need now is a 18" wheel.

jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
I have been scouting around for the carby. I have found out that the same pwk35 was used on the 88-90 KX125 with the same slide. the only things that need changing are the jets and needle. This broadens the target a little but I am still yet to find one for the right price.
I picked up my bike with a plastic tank and the oil injection removed and neatly blanked off.
I do a lot of road kms on my bike. Have you found any loss in tractability after fitting the larger carby?

Thanks for replying.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom