Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
I am in the process on deciding on a new bike, i have been racing quads for awhile now, and want to get another bike.I will do alot of play riding, but will also do some hare scrambles,and maybe even some enduro class motocross,i don't have alot of $$$$ to spend, so would the KDX be a good choice,I have most experience on MX bikes, but have always liked the KDX even though i have never ridden one.So any help in my decision would be much appreciated, Thanx.
Chris

------------------
What does this big red button do?

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
The KDX would be perfect for you. It is a do it all kind of motorcycle that is perfect for play riding but will also do the other things you mentioned pretty well. Check out the JustKDX page for ideas on modifications and set up.

------------------
'00 KDX 200

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
Would you suggest the 200 or 220, what is the difference in the two besides the obvious? most of the riding i do around here is fast paced, and rough with lots of hills and rock. THanx

------------------

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
The main difference is the class that you will ride in. You will get a little more low end but out of the box the 200 is the faster of the two.

------------------

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
The 200 is a little cheaper and has a bigger carb which makes it rev more, the 220 has more torque. I would go with the 200 so you can race the 200 class. The KDX can be very competitive in this class when modified.

Check out http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/

With about $500.00 worth of mods this bike rips!!

------------------
Mac

Y2K KDX-200

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
sweet thanx guys, i think i am gonna go with the kdx200 as soon as i sell my quad, i am looking forward to getting back into bikes, anybody in arkansas that races hare scrambles or enduro? just wondering. what are some really good mods for a KDX? i have pretty much lived on the JUSTKDX website, but i am not sure what mods are the best for the woods. Thanx,
Chris

------------------

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Pitbull - all of them (mods). I would say 99% of us ride woods, the bikes aren't really suitable for MX.

If you can afford it, get another pipe - check out the kdx pages for comparisons between the FMF torque & rev (the stock weigh a ton as well as making the bike feel constipated).

The air box lid is free & easy to do (so why the heck did I wait so long?), and on the 200 I felt like it had heaps more bottom end - it just tractored up hills.

Get rid of the stock bars, they're cheese & will bend if you look the wrong way at them. Get the jetting sorted out, if you need help, ask, someone will probably be able to help, but again, the kdx pages have great tips there.

Put in boyesen reeds (I did this same time as changing pipe, so not 100% sure of the difference, but again I think it gives more bottom end).

It all depends on your budget & if you're buying 2nd hand some, if not all, of the mods will be done.
Good luck
Michelle

------------------

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
-read the JustKDX page five or six times $0
-Airbox mod $0.00
-New FMF pipe (rev or torque) $175.00
-boyseen reeds #607 $25.00
-rejet pilot and main $8.00
-50 tooth rear $50.00 or 12 tooth front $15.00
-o-ring chain $50.00
-alum bars $60.00
-respring forks (if over 130lbs)$60.00
-if you are tall, tall ceet foam $60.00
-skidplate $50.00
-barkbusters $40.00
-dunlop 756 or equiv $50.00

For around $600.00 this setup will scream!!

If you have money to burn then: :D
-carb divider mod $130.00?????
-TC2 silencer $100.00
-porting $?.??
-rad valve $?.??

Just my $00.02

Disclaimer: The above prices are estimated based on memory, except for my two cents.

------------------
Mac
00-KDX-200

[This message has been edited by Mac (edited 04-11-2001).]

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
Awesome, thanx everyone, i was gonna buy a new MX bike, but if i buy a KDX, then i can save some money, and make some mods on the bike to make it faster, but will these mods decrease reliability? my quad has over 2000 dollars worth of mods, and i wouldn't trust my quad on a really long ride, but then again, it is setup for MX. Anyone in Arkansas that would like to get together and go ride sometime?
Thanx again,
Chris

------------------

Top Bottom