rbernie

Jun 22, 2004
Can someone please tell me the correct orientation of the odo drive on a 2004 KDX200? I popped the front wheel off and the drive hub dropped before I could notice the relationship of the odo drive bosses and the lower fork lug..... Thanks much.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
that part has a "stop" that is supposed to be behind the fork "stop" which will keep the thingie from spinning forward with the wheel.
thats the easy part. the hard part is making sure the two tabs sit in the two slots on assembly. otherwise you'll bend the tabs. (not like I've ever done anything so stupid. ha! I wish)
:-)

rbernie

Jun 22, 2004
The confusing part is that my odo drive has three tabs - two smaller ones and a larger one, with "A" and "B" markings in between them. The question is really where do I position these three tabs/gaps in relation to the fork lug? Or better put - if you look at your odo drive, how vertical is the odo cable itself at the drive junction?

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
If I'm thinking about the same three plastic tabs on the outside of the odo drive that you are thinking about, then the boss on the fork leg goes in between the two smaller tabs on the drive, which keeps it from rotating when you tighten the axle. The cable should be pointing up.

Top Bottom