Feb 24, 2000
Has anyone heard any rumors about changes coming. Frame? Plastics? etc. The KDX is due for at least an appearence redesign. Not complaining I love my '04 200 and will probably keep it for another 3-4 years. Just seems like its time. I would love to see a sexy sleek new '07 KDX200 when I'm ready for a new one.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
It was time for a remake many years ago. Don't expect Kawasaki to invest ANY money into the KDX200. Heck, they discontinued the KX125, so I'm sure they will do the same to the KDX200/220 in time.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen a KDX250F yet.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
CaptainObvious said:
It was time for a remake many years ago. Don't expect Kawasaki to invest ANY money into the KDX200. Heck, they discontinued the KX125, so I'm sure they will do the same to the KDX200/220 in time.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen a KDX250F yet.
The 220 is discontinued for the 2006 year. I agree, you will probably see a 4stroke version in not to long :bang: :bang: :bang:

duke

Oct 9, 1999
The 06 series of KDX's will serve as the last vestige of an era when the manufacturers offered sensibly priced, durable, easy to maintain trail bikes that offer good performance for the masses, and with some inexpensive tweaking will result in significant performance gains to suit the casual/beginner racer. It served as an open arms to those entering the off road sport, only to be replaced by bikes that stand at one end of the spectrum or the other; lame performance with little signs of improvement even with "FUNNY CAR" level modifications or a bike (read thumper) that has a maintenance requirement bordering that of a speedway bike. The gap that exists between the two is so far that it leaves the majority of riders having to buy used 2 strokes/air cooled 4T. Keep the KDX as its value will rise as the masses soon recognize its potential appeal

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Go to the link and click on motocross and it will show KX250/450F's.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
125 said:
I hope they don't kill the KDX. It suits my needs perfectly. :(

Don't worry, when they do kill the KDX the Kawasaki police wont show up at your house to take yours. :laugh: There are many thousands of KDX's out there. When new production ceases, they will be "like new" examples for years to come. I'm sure you will be able to find new "left-overs" on the dealer floors for a few years too.

kwb377

Dec 30, 2004
Green Hornet said:
...you will probably see a 4stroke version in not to long.

pshot_51_full.jpg

2006 KLX300R

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom