KDX200SR stock exhaust pipe modification

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I finally got around to cutting open my stock SR exhaust pipe.
What I found would be a nightmare to take out all the insulation.
The first half of the main belly has fiberglass sandwiched between two layers of steel the same thickness. The inner layer of steel is connected to the outer layer at the joint that runs the length of the pipe at both sides.
The second half of the main belly has an inner layer of metal that's perforated and also connected all around at the seams.
Man, I can't even envision trying to get out all that!
From what I've read the regular KDX only has the perforated metal and its only connected at a few spots which makes it a do-able job to pull it out. But not this baby. Don't even think about it.
Just buy an aftermarket pipe.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
find someone that is good with a TIG welder and get them to CUT it out with the tig. if they r good at what they do it will be a piece of pi$$. after cutting it all out smooth over with a dremel or grinding stone. i did the exact thing on a 01 dt 175 stock pipe and boy its noisy now ... lol...and it wasnt that hard...

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Hi Jag,

The stock 89 to 94 KDX200 pipe also has the fiberglas between the two layers of metal but from your discription the SR may have more extensive welding.

David

Top Bottom