Danb_KDX

Jun 14, 2004
Any one would know where to get a bigger gas tank for my KDX220 98?

I've called IMS and they could not offer anything better than a 3.4 galon!!! That's only half a galon better than the original!!!

In my dream I would be running all day on the same tank :ride:

Help me fill my creazy dream :laugh:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
A dream is the only place you will find it! :laugh: I have a tank that goes on in the place of the front light, kind of a fake number plate that holds gas.... holds about a half gallon too.... I doubt I will ever use it, but you never know....

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
you could build a side car for your bike.....but instead of mounting a seat there you could mount a 55 gal. drum,....or take it to the next level with a 275 gal. oil tank..with that kind of tank you could ride down here to southern Maine ride my trails with enough gas to get back home..

Danb_KDX

Jun 14, 2004
Thats a good one :) I like the side car but a bit hard in narrow trails... A trailer would be better.

Seriously anything around a 5 galon is what I'm looking for...

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
I've seen a system where you have what looks like a square tank mounted where the tool bag go's on the rear fender,only about a gallon though. Mailer (sp) makes gas bottles that mount on crossbar, about .8 gallon I think. Puts you right up there with that IMS tank for about 1/20th the cost.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom