johnnymoto

~SPONSOR~
Nov 9, 2000
Anybody got a good place to get a new 1992 kdx 200 tank ? This will be my 4th one since the bike was new in 92'. The others cracked around the bottom of the threads where the cap screws down, I didn't over tighen it, around the petcock and this one has cracked down the front right side , 6 inches long and at the back where the rubber strap fits onto the tank,2 inches long and again around the base of cap threads. I had it 2 years and in 94 the first one cracked. Kaw service said they would replace it once and did. They told me it was probably oxygen in our gasoline in the area, ok. I have a wr200 and a 95 xr200 sitting beside it and their tanks have not cracked. Sounds like a molding or materials flaw somewhere down the line. If it wasn't the best trail bike I've seen I would sell it but for now I need a tank. I've got a call into Jeff Fredette for some advice also. Thanks

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
That's not so good. Ebay is always a good bet to get parts from. Keep looking and sometimes you gan get a bargain. I live in New Zealand and I just got 2 radiators for $75 each in excellent condition. They are US$300 each here. Go eBay. Or have one made up out of aluminum, coz it sounds like something is up with your plastic ones. Do you clean them with any kind of solvent or anything? See if you can get a JAP import one, they are metal.

Top Bottom