mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
There seems to be quite a few of us on here. Do any of you guys know anything about riding in the Watt Road area? I've heard there is a track out that way, and I think I'm seeing some trails from the interstate, but I can't run accross any details. I trail ride 95% of the time, but some track time makes a nice change every now and again. I find my way to I-81 occasionally, but thats 75 miles from here. Thanks. :cool:

newkid

Apr 30, 2002
Do you ever ride the trails at Coal Creek in Lake City, TN? It's not far and there are a hundred plus miles of great single track with plenty of atv and jeep trail. I'm in Ga. so I have only ridden there during the Coal Creek enduro, but if I lived closer I would be there on many week ends.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I have heard about the Watt road thing too. My parents live in Faragutt, and Watt road is the exit where we get off of the interstate to go to their house. But, I have never seen or been over to look for the actual place. Sometime, I'm going to bring my bike up there when we visit. We'll have to get together and ride then. I've always wanted to ride at Coal Creek.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I ride at Coal Creek alot. I'm looking for a little track action though....... If there actually is a ride spot at watt road, we will meet up some time.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I stopped by Watt Rd a couple Sundays ago and yes it is open!! Looks like they have added a back section to the track or can be run as a seperate track. I don't know if the trails there are still open or not tho. Me and RTL went there a couple years ago and the hours were 12-6. I know its open Sunday, not sure about Saturdays tho. Hey T-roy, we need to hook up and ride there in the next couple weeks!
By the way, Timr or anyone else who wants to ride Coal
Creek, get in touch with RTL and he can hook you up with Vol Riders that ride it about every weekend. :thumb:

Last edited:

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
mnnthbx said:
Ree, thats sounds great. How exactly do I get to the track? (from the exit)
Going west on 40/75, down the ramp at Watt Rd, turn right(north). Go about 100 yards or so and you'll see a road on your left, I can't remember the name of it but i believe there is a street sign there. It will follow the interstate(west). You only go maybe a quarter mile or less and there is a road on the right, no name on it, but its gravel. It goes up beside a place that sells trailers, or at least they used to. The track is only a few hundred yards up that road and into the woods. You should be able to see it from the gravel road thru the trees when you turn into it a little ways.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I'd love to ride Coal Creek with ya'll sometime! I find the main part of Caol Creek quite boring (mostly jeep trails) but the Lake City end is awesome. I've only been there once and was lost most of the day. It would be nice to go with someone who knows how to get to the nasty stuff. You guys need to come to Cookeville/Livingston for some of the best trails in the United States. I know its a little ways but there is about 4-5 great MX tracks right in this area too.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
Can you go into detail a bit on the cookville trails? My wife has some friends in cookville, so that could make a nice trip. Yes the lake city side is good stuff (after the firat few miles of solid rock)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom