chris_1001

May 11, 2006
Ok, here's the deal... Curently I have a 1997 KDX 220 in good shape with pipe and silencer. It runs fine and I like the way a 2-stroke behaves.

I really have been drooling over the WR450f lately (never rode one).

Now I ride New England trails and powerlines. Lots of tight woodsy stuff, mud, trees, etc. few places to really open it up. I'm 5'10" 200# and I'm a fair rider (took way too much time off from dirt biking, mostly street the past 10 years).

I did have a XT 350 (dual sport) four stroke a while back, but it was not the best off road.

So.. any thoughts...? Should I buy one? Will I be happy?

I'll like to make a decision this week. I most likely will keep the KDX too.

Thanks!

Chris

Last edited:

anthonysimo

Nov 18, 2005
WRF may get an alloy frame next model (from the YZ) making the tubular framed current model drop in value faster than normal? If you can, test ride a KTM 450 EXC against a WR450F. The KTM has won many magazine comparisons here in OZ. If you don't like orange I can understand that.

DirtDawger

Jun 24, 2000
Going from a small displacement 2 stroke to a large displacement 4-stroke is going to be a huge adjustment. Are you not liking 2 strokes any more?

Another great bike for your neck of the woods is the KTM 300XC-w. or the 250 or the 200. BTW the KTM 200 is a rocket compared to the KDX. Just some food for thought.

chris_1001

May 11, 2006
Hey Guys, I thought this thread was dead (all but one subscribe notifications must have went to the spam folder)...

I did pass on the WR450 and I did buy the KTM250XC. I did prefer a 2-stroke, but almost went to the dark side (4-stroke). I made the right decision and I now love the KTM's

I read all I could and asked a lot of questions and the KTM (and 2-strokes) was the best choice for me. I did want a 300XC-W but none were to be found and I was inpatient...

So now I'll be selling the KDX...

Thanks for all the help here and on ktmtalk.

Chris

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom