MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I've seen some guys thumpers with nice clean head pipes but mine always look horrible with dried baked on mud that looks like rust. I can easily get some of it off but there isn't room to access a lot of it and even a powerwash won't just blast it away. How in the blazes do you get them clean? Or should I just live with it lol

I've tried spraying them with wd40 before riding etc, doesn't seem to help and I don't really want to pull them off after every ride.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Would you like a nice trail-side cabana to stop and freshen up a bit too? I mean, what w/ the dirty head pipes and stinky ol' helmet hair and whatnots, what will people think? :nener:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Lol, I figured I'd get busted for this :) Mine are normally just crappy looking and it doesn't bother me a ton but I keep seeing other 4 strokes with nice looking head pipes and I figured there might be some easy solution.

PS - Thanks for reminding me, it's time for my bi-yearly helmet wash :nener:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I use a ScotchBrite and WD40. Still get some surface rust but mild steel tends to do that.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Yep - one of those green scotchbrite scour pads will make it purty.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
uh, don't tell anybody I know this, but Scotch Brite pad and WD as mentioned or Scotch Brite and Mothers works good too

Top Bottom