bazmaster03

Apr 1, 2009
hey has anybody ever had any problems with their kick start lever not closing ....like it goes up but wont always fold back in or it will unfold when riding and it really hurts the shins when you hit it landing a little jump ......its almost as if the srping or something isnt functional anymore .....and another thing i cant take the darn thing off....do i need a puller of some sort or something ....let me know please its the smallest thing driving me crazy :bang:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I had the same problem and I took off the kick and move counter clock a tooth and used velcro to stap it to the frame. but last week I bought a new ball and spring and allen screw. if you swing you lever out loo at it and see the allen screw, well under that should be a spring and ball try to replace these items like i did and let me know ...mine is better but I may have to take the circlip off and remove the upper part of the kicker and redimple the lower section the ball pops into with a drill and reassemble.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
It slides on a splined shaft. You might have to use some penetrating oil if it's rusted in place.... A small gear puller might come in very handy in any case, it IS a semi-tight fit, even when new.

bazmaster03

Apr 1, 2009
ya i did undo the whole thing but i cant pull it off the shaft i dont know why but it might be rusted into place but i doubt it cuz it seems to move freely on the shaft unless i am missing a part of the thing i will look at it tonight

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom