woodsrider823

Aug 8, 2005
Hey guys, I have only been able to ride my 91 kdx on weekends for the past month or so. My kdx is in my barn and nights have been in the 40s 50s. The thing is when i go to start my bike up on saturdays it doesnt start. then i let it sit and come back in about 30 min and most of the time itll start. then on sunday it starts up first kick like usuall. then i wont turn it on till the next week sometimes two weekends and the same thing. Any ideas? is it the cold weather? do i need a rebuild or something? any ideas on how to start that initial time. as of now my start up procedure is to lean the bike over untill gas comes out the overflow then gently push the starter down twice then kick it and usually it started right up untill latly. thanks

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
wow i'd love to start my KDX in weather thats in the 40s and 50s. here in Canada trying to start a bike in 0 degree weather sucks.

woodsrider823

Aug 8, 2005
yea i want to make sure the bowl of the carb. is full so it will be easier to start. but does anyone have any advice on starting in the cold?

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Besides rejetting? Close your airscrew down to about 1/2 turn out. This should richen the pilot circuit and make starting easier. Once you have it running, put the air screw back to its normal setting.

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
Mine is a 2 kicker hot or cold. Pull the choke up, kick it once to draw fuel into the carb and the second kick she fires right over...

Top Bottom