kick start problem

bike_rider250

May 6, 2005
on saturday i took my bike out and when i went to start it, i pushed the kickstart leaver out and pushed it down slowly and there was nothing, so i brought it back up to the top,and tried to kick it down again and nothing. so i decided to bump start it and she fired up, so then i was riding about 30 mins and took a break, then when i went back to my bike to start it again the kickstarter had compression,and then the rest of the day it was fine, then sunday i took it out and there was compression at the kickstarter so i kicked it down a couple times and she fired up, then i road it fore a wial and took a break and there was nothing again, so i'm not to sure what is going on i was thinking its maybe not engaging right or that the teeth on the kickstarter a gone but i'm not sure? has anyone had this problem?

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
i think youve pretty much hit the nail on the head. i would pull the side cover and inspect the whold kickstart mechanism to see if teeth are missing,springs broken etc...

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
no you just have to pull the clutch cover. get a manual and it will show/tell you how to do this.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…