SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
I’m looking for opinions of people who have used or seen others who have used both the Devol an BBR kickstarters. Here’s what I know. The BBR is an inch shorter which I really like. But my friends have the Devol and it has the really trick steel insert so that the kickstarter can not be chewed up the footpeg. So my question is does the BBR have any protection like that or does it get chewed up just like the stocker? If it doesn’t then I’d go with the devol for the added protection. Thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Is that steel insert fairly large? Wondering if it's designed solely for stock or if it looks like they considered wide aftermarket pegs, some higher, some lower... what about moving the stock pegs down and back?

I've run the BBR ffor a season, yes there is a ding, but I really can't see it getting to the point of getting weak, unlike the stocker. The pic below isn't great, needed the tripod :mad:, had to use the flash... but as you can hopefully see, the damage is very superfical. The lower, larger mark was with the pegs in the stock position, the higher small mark is after moving the pegs down.

(BTW, the 1' shorter kickstarter makes a big difference)

Attachments

• bbr_kick.jpg
    bbr_kick.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 160

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Wow thanks for the pick. There is significantly less damage to yours than to my stocker after a year. Half of mine is gone! I might try it now cause I really did want the one inch shorter.

Thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Re: a little OT but...

Originally posted by Yz426King
How did you move the pegs down?
See the pic below.
Take the pegs off, cut the "collar" off. (the spring goes over the collar)
put the peg back on with the spring collar on "top" of the peg.
You'll have to switch springs to do it, ie; use the left spring on the right side.
Lowers the pegs roughly 3/4" and moved them back roughly 1/2". Surprising how much difference it makes. You might want to weld the collar back onto the peg, most don't bother (billywho didn't and its the ONLY thing he didn't break on his bike).

Attachments

• pegs.jpg
    pegs.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 137

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Nice kickstarter you've got there Okie. Did you get that for Christmas?;)

Oh wait, I thought we were talking about a kickstand. Never mind.:o

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom