May 29, 2006
I have been having problems kicking out off the face of some double jumps. I've had a pretty hard crash and more close calls than I'd like. I used to be more reactive on my RM125 than I am with my KX250F. Any tips to keep me from kicking out? Also, if I do, should I turn the front wheel the way the rear is swinging to try and bring it back?

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Check out the riding tips section for more advice on this.

I had a problem similar to this when I switched from a CR125 to a 250F. It seems some of the fundamentals were more important on the thumper to prevent this.
1. Squeeze the bike with your legs all the way through the face of the jump
2. Smooth consisent throttle through the jump (no stabbing the throttle at the top)
3. Get squared up before you go off the jump and stay either all the way in or all the way out of any ruts on the jump.

When those items fail and your still out of shape, I sometimes try a couple of things.
I do sometimes lightly turn the bars and even push with my legs to straighten it out. Keep your chest out over the bars and get the front to touch the ground first. Then hit the gas hard when you hit the ground.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
most times i cant stop the kickout for myself but can see friends mistakes, usually their breaking traction on the face and let off the gas too late. you either have to keep on the gas all the way off the face or let off and square up earlier

May 29, 2006
Thanks for the advise

I will try the things recommended. All of the things mentioned have helped in the past, I just sometime forget to do them. I need to put it all together and just ride and not think about the jump so much. A few hard crashes and one endo seem to have rocked my mental game.

Another bit of advise I was given today was to soften up my knees on the ramp and not be so stiff legged.

Top Bottom